Compassion is our Promise…
Your loved one can make real connections and enjoy activities that inspire joy, purpose and passion. Anchin Memory Care at Aviva offers 26 private and semi-private apartments in a safe setting that is warm and inviting. Our uniquely themed common areas are designed to bring back fond feelings, memories and talents.
Innovative offerings, such as our Multi-sensory Suite, coupled with our highly trained dementia care professionals, ensure that your loved one can live life to the fullest.
At Anchin Memory Care, we have created a comfortable, safe and home-like neighborhood with everything you need at your fingertips! In our community, we strive to provide an innovative and engaging environment, along with the freedom to enjoy amazing new experiences and cherish old memories. Daily social and recreational activities include fun and educational programs, an entertainment lounge, an on-site beauty salon and barbershop, and so much more. Our personal emergency call system ensures our highly trained licensed nursing staff and certified nursing assistants are at your service 24/7.
Our nursing staff has taken rigorous advanced training in managing individuals diagnosed with memory loss and dementia. All medication is administered by licensed professionals, and care is overseen by a licensed nurse.
- On-site gerontology, audiology, dermatology, psychology, podiatry, optometry and dental care
- Therapy seven days a week
- 24-hour licensed nursing supervision
- Social workers, dieticians and licensed therapists
- Medication administration by licensed nurses
- On-site anti-coagulation clinic staffed by Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
Services and Amenities
- Housekeeping and maintenance services
- Wellness classes
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy through digital technology
- Library, computer and activity rooms
- Transportation for medical appointments and off-campus excursions
Aviva grounds are protected 24/7 by on-site security staff and in-house electronic security monitoring devices and motion detectors. Residents in Independent and Assisted Living locations wear activation pendants that are monitored in both buildings. When activated, the pendants receive immediate response by security and/or nursing staff.
Additional security measures include:
- Apartments equipped with pull cords to alert security or nursing staff
- All exterior doors secured 24/7
- Entrance doors of each building lead directly to 24/7 staffed security desks
- Security staff patrols the grounds a minimum of ten times per day
- Fire alarm system monitoring both in-house and off-site 24/7
- 22 security staff members overseeing the safety and well-being of our residents
We submit an annual Emergency Management Plan to the county, which outlines our plans – including agreements with other facilities – in the event of a catastrophe. Anchin is constructed to withstand a Category II hurricane, and is not located in a flood zone.