Senior Rehabilitation Services in Sarasota, FL
We understand the desire to recuperate and get back to normal as quickly as possible. It is our privilege to partner with residents and families during recovery – and to become your strongest advocate on the road to reclaiming total wellness. Our Joseph Gottlieb Wellness center is a big part of our commitment to creating an independent living experience focused on the health and wellness of our residents.
Therapy Services That We Offer
Our advanced physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy services are aimed at helping you regain your strength and mobility, and getting you back to your full health. A fully staffed team of physical therapists and physical therapy assistants ensures optimal care, and rehabilitation therapy is available seven days a week. Also, therapy services combined with the 24-hours a day assistance from our skilled nurses helps ensure the well being of our residents and patients.
Our QAPI Accredited Rehab Care
Utilizing our QAPI accredited Rehab Care program right on the same campus helps assure the continuity of care throughout rehabilitation. As a result of the focus on maintaining excellent continuity of care and our therapists’ special training and expertise, our residents report excellent results within short timeframes, with a low return-to-hospital rate and a high return-to-home rate.
Rehabilitation Services Include:
- Cardiac, stroke, pulmonary and neurological rehabilitation following a diagnosis, event and/or surgical intervention
- Comfort care
- Diabetes management
- Gerontology, audiology, dermatology, psychology, podiatry, optometry and dental services
- IV therapy
- LSVT® (Lee Silverman Voice Treatments) certified speech therapists provide specialized treatment for Parkinson’s Disease
- Multi-sensory room therapy for cognitive issues
- Nutrition management
- On-site anti-coagulation clinic staffed by Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
- Orthopedic surgery rehab following hip and knee replacements
- Pain management
- Post-stroke, pulmonary and neurological rehabilitation
- Social workers, dieticians and licensed therapists providing physical, occupational and speech therapies seven days a week
- Vestibular training
- Vital STIM/Dysphagia therapy
- Weakness and balance exercises
- Wound care
In early May 2018, Carolyn Kaplan was brought to the hospital after collapsing in her apartment. Her doctors made the decision that after a week, she should be moved to a rehab facility where she could continue to recover. Carolyn asked to be admitted to Benderson at Aviva.
“A major highlight of my experience at Benderson was the care I received. … I knew I could ask the staff for anything I needed and they would find a way to communicate my needs to the person who could help. That relief in knowing that I was never really on my own, helped lift so much of the burden.” – Carlyn Kaplan